In Colour

In Colour
2022 - 2024

Tuesday 28 April 2015

No-black-outline Colouring - Pink & Blue Bird - Gold Coast Convention Swap 2015

In the previous post I showed step-by-step photos of the "no-black-outline" colouring technique. In this this post it's much the same technique (but with a slightly different card) & with bigger pictures to help show the steps I've used a bit better.
Pink & Blue Bird
Stamp Sets:Moon Lake & Wetlands
Card stock: Naturals White, Whisper White, Vellum, Soft Sky & Soft Sky Subtle's dsp
Ink: Old Olive Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Soft Sky, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral & White Gel Pen
Tools: Blender Pen, Spiral Boarder Punch & Four Feathers Framelits
Extras: Pool Party Bakers Twine & Antique Brads
Techniques: Sponging, Dauber to stamp & No-black-outline Colouring


Stamp the image in Sahara Sand. Lightly sponge Soft Sky ink over the sky & Pear Pizzazz ink over the ground.
I coloured in the image using a Blender Pen & ink from the lid of the ink pads. 
Sahara Sand for the branch.
Blushing Bride for the chest.

Calypso Coral on the cheek.

\
Coastal Cabana for the birds body, wing, tail & top of the head.
(Coastal Cabana was the colour I used for the first sample I made, but on the swaps I used Soft Sky)

Pacific Point at the top of the wing & tip of the tail.

Old Olive is the colour I used for the grass & leaves here, but on most of the swaps I used Pear Pizzazz.

Crumb Cake for the beak & eye (Swaps were Sahara Sand).

Pool Party for Most of the birds outline (all blue areas). & dot it along the tall flowers.

Blushing Bride on the small flowers & the birds chest.


Calypso Coral on the birds cheek. (I may have added a little bit to the flowers).

Pacific Point, along the side of the tall flowers. 
I used Tempting Turquoise on the top of the wing tip of the tail, on the swaps, but as this was my sample I didn't get a photo. 

Next I used the Blender Pen to soften the image by going over all the marker outlines.




Pink & Blue Bird
Stamp Sets:Moon Lake & Wetlands
Card stock: Naturals White, Whisper White, Vellum, Soft Sky & Soft Sky Subtle's dsp
Ink: Sahara Sand, Soft Sky, Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral & White Gel Pen
Tools: Blender Pen, Spiral Boarder Punch, Itty Bitty Banners & Four Feathers Framelits
Extras: Pool Party Bakers Twine
Techniques: Sponging, Dauber to stamp & No-black-outline Colouring

1 comment:

  1. Its very very beautiful! When I saw the "Moon Lake" stamp set when it first came out, I never noticed this beautiful bird image. Now I wished I had bought it. Thank you for sharing your really excellent step by step tutorial, that was very nice of you!

    ReplyDelete