In Colour

In Colour
2022 - 2024

Thursday 25 September 2014

Holiday Homes

This was the card I made for our local demonstrator swap. I don't know who to give credit to after seeing so many fantastic silhouette house cards on stampinconnection. Whoever thought of the idea is brilliant, & I just loved it. So this is how I made my version of the night before Christmas...
Stamps: Holiday Homes & Good Greetings.
Colours: Night of Navy, Whisper White Memento Tuxedo Black & Daffodil Delight.
Extras: Holiday Homes Framelits, Blendabilities, Clear Embossing Powder, Brayer, 1"Circle Punch, Masking  & Sponging

Stamps: Holiday Homes & Good Greetings.
Colours:  Basic Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, Night of Navy, Whisper White & Daffodil Delight.
Extras: Holiday Homes Framelits, Blendabilities, Clear Embossing Powder, Brayer, 1"Circle Punch, Masking  & Sponging

Black on Black, or Clear on black, either way embossing powder shows up enough to see where the windows are to cut them out, and stays dark enough for the silhouette look.

I may have actually used black embossing powder on this one as I was experimenting,  but I did use clear on the swaps that I made.
First I stamped the houses on Whisper White card stock with Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
I also used Versa Mark & Clear Embossing Powder to stamp "Ho! Ho! Ho!" in the top corner of the card stock.
Then I made masks by cut out sticky notes with the framelits, though I did trim the roof top a little bit extra otherwise you end up with a white out line around the house. I also punch a 1" Circle out of sticky notes to mask the moon.

Then I used the brayer to gradually add Night of Navy ink for the sky.
I did this by rolling the excess ink off onto my scrap paper (as you can see the mess), then kept the brayer moving in the same direction (horizontal on the card), but gradually working my way down from top to bottom. This way the ink has start to wear off the brayer by the time you get to the bottom.

Next I used a sponge to add some Daffodil Delight ink (in soft circular motions) to create the glow from the lamp.
Again with the sponges added  more Night of Navy ink wherever I felt like it needed to be darker.

I stamped the trees, lamp post & Santa with Night of Navy ink. 



I used the Daffodil Delight Blendabilities to colour-in some windows & the lights in the lamp post.

Stamp the houses in Versa Mark & emboss with clear powder, then cut out with framelits.



Using a craft knife I cut out all the windows on the framelit-cut-out-houses to match the windows i had coloured yellow.

Attach Houses to background card stock.

Layer up with more Whisper White & Night of Navy Card stock.



This one I had added Crystal Effects to the lights on the lamp post & to all the windows with lights on.

No comments:

Post a Comment