In Colour

In Colour
2022 - 2024

Friday 2 August 2013

Double Slider Cards

I found a great tutorial on how to make these double slider cards, made a bunch of them, now everyone wants instructions & I can't seem to find that same tutorial to put up a link....So I guess this will have to do.
Please bare with me & keep in mind I have only made two videos & I think I might need some practise.
Instruction page at bottom of post.
Stamp sets; Up-up & Away, Sassy Salutation.
I used fun colours on this card because it was for the little girl who lives over the road.
I used dimensionals to pop-up the top of the balloons & glued the bottom part down, going for a 3d effect.

Josey's birthday card.
Stamp sets: Kenny K's Lady Raven, Wicked Cool & Gorgeous Grunge.
I used copic markers to colour-in Lady Raven & mounted her on an Apothecary Accents framelit, embossed with the Spider Web textured folder.


This is the only slider card I have done in portrait orientation so far.






Paige's birthday card.

Stamp sets; Papillon Potpourri, Sassy Salutations & Elements of Style.
Sponged sky using a scallop circle as a cloud stencil.
& Dazzling Diamonds for a bit of sparkle.

Scratchy Slider Card, (with the scratchy part on)
I seen a "Scratchy Card" on Dawn's blog & thought it was a fantastic idea, so I had to have a go.
It's basically 2tsp gray acrylic paint mixed with 1tsp dish wash liquid & painted onto acetate. Of course you may need a few coats of the paint to become opaque, then add it to jack paper or adhesive sheet to create a scratchy sticker.
I added a coin to the card (with a glue dot) for the recipient to scratch  the scratchy. 

This is the same card but without the scratchy added (so you can see what I have stamped underneath).

Open slider card with scratches.

Open slider card without scratches.
Stamp sets: Blue Ribbon & Clockworks.
Textured Embossing Folders: Honeycomb & clouds.

Dad's birthday card.


This was the first slider card that I made.

Stamp sets: By the Tide & Sassy Salutations.

Stamp sets: By the Tide & Wacky Wishes.






Card base 11" x 5 3/4", reinforcement strip 1 1/2" x 5 1/4", satin ribbon 1" x 12" sliding tabs 3" x 4", & front 5 1/2" x 3 3/8".
Score card base at 3 3/8",   7"   &   10 5/8".

Sorry guys. I know I should have typed this out for you, but I've already  written it  here as instructions that I handed out at home during a workshop, so I hope it's readable enough to be of use.

1 comment: